Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does it work?
- After signing up for Boxpostale for free, you can instantly request an address in the country of your choice (currently in the USA or in France). No credit card required.
- Once you have an address, use it as you delivery address at checkout on any store in that country. Just as if you were sending your package to a friend.
- When a package is received for you, you will be notified via email with a picture of your package.
- You can then decide if you want to ship it out immediately or wait to consolidate additional items and save even more on shipping.
- After you have placed your shipment order, we will send you the tracking information all the way to your door.
Q: How much does it cost?
There are no hidden fees with Boxpostale, and you only pay for what you ship.
Use our calculator to estimate your shipping costs before shopping.
Please note that additional customs fees and tariffs may be charged upon delivery which are not covered by Boxpostale.
Q: How long can packages be stored?
Packages can be stored for free up to 30 days. After that, you will be charged a small daily fee per package:
United States: $0.69
Typically, after 90 days in stock, packages will be considered abandoned, unless you specifically tell us to keep them for longer. We will of course send you reminders and attempt to contact you before disposing of any package after the 90-day mark.
Q: Is my address valid forever?
Once you get an address, it remains available as long as you keep using it. However, if you don't receive any packages for 3 consecutive months, it will automatically expire. Unless you manually request a renewal for another 3-month period. You can always request a new address for free at any time.
Q: What is consolidation?
Package consolidation is the process of taking the items received in different boxes and putting them all into a single box. This allows for big savings in shipping costs because most carriers charge based on package dimensions, not just weight. Package consolidation is free with Boxpostale, you just have to ask your dedicated shipper to perform it when you're ready before placing your shipment order.
Q: Which countries can I ship to?
Currently, you can get an address in the US and France and packages can be shipped out to the following countries:
- American Samoa
- Canary Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Falkland Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- French Southern Territories
- Hong Kong SAR China
- Macau SAR China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- St. Barthélemy
- St. Martin
- St. Pierre & Miquelon
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Wallis & Futuna
Use the calculator
for more details on available services.
Q: Are there any limitations on the packages that can be received?
Yes, packages that exceed 30kg (66lbs) cannot be received by our shippers.
Also, some items cannot be shipped internationally. Please check out our list of prohibited items to learn more.
Q: What are the prohibited items?
The following is not an exhaustive list of prohibitions. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Air bags
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals of any kind, including insects, pupae, worms, tortoises, frogs, crabs, lobster, crawfish, fish, hatchling eggs or birds
- Corrosive materials
- Counterfeit or pirated goods or materials
- Dry ice
- Explosive materials
- Firearms, including parts, weapons and amunition
- Flammable items
- Fruits, vegetables, and plants
- Human remains including ashes
- Illegal Drugs or Narcotics
- Lithium batteries not properly installed in equipment
- Nail polish
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form
- Perfumes (containing alcolhol)
- Pornography of any kind
- Any items of carriage that are prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any Federal, state or local government to or throughout which the shipment may be carried