Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What can I do with Boxpostale?
Boxpostale gives you unlimited disposable addresses in the US and France.
After signing up for Boxpostale for free, you can instantly request an address in the country of your choice. No credit card required.
Once you have an address, you can use it to send packages there and have them forwarded to you. Packages can be shipped out to
Q: How much does it cost to use Boxpostale?
There are two types of fees that you pay with Boxpostale:
- Shipper fees
- Postage fees
Shipper fees basically consist of a per-package receiving fee as well as a shipment preparation fee which are payed out directly to the shipper. These fees depend on the country where you requested an address.
Postage fees are paid to Boxpostale and depend on the carrier service you choose to ship your package out. We negotiate discounts directly with carriers and pass the savings on to you (up to 70% compared to retail).
Learn more about shipper services fees
and use the calculator
to estimate postage fees for your packages.
Please note that additional customs fees and tariffs may be charged upon delivery which are not covered by Boxpostale.
Q: Which countries can I ship to?
Currently, you can get an address in the US and France and packages can be shipped out to the following countries:
- American Samoa
- Canary Islands
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- French Southern Lands (T.A.A.F)
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Wallis and Futuna
Use the calculator
for more details on available services.
Q: Are there any limitations on the packages that can be received?
Yes, packages that exceed 30kg (66lbs) cannot be received by our shippers.
Also, some items cannot be shipped internationally. Please check out our list of
prohibited items to learn more.
Q: What are the prohibited items?
The following is not an exhaustive list of prohibitions. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Air bags
- Alcoholic beverages
- Perfumes (containing alcolhol)
- Nail polish
- Animals of any kind, including insects, pupae, worms, tortoises, frogs, crabs, lobster, crawfish, fish, hatchling eggs or birds
- Lithium batteries not properly installed in equipment
- Counterfeit or pirated goods or materials
- Dry ice
- Illegal Drugs or Narcotics
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Firearms, including parts, weapons and amunition
- Flammable items
- Explosive materials
- Corrosive materials
- Human remains including ashes
- Negotiable instruments in Bearer Form
- Pornography of any kind
- Any items of carriage that are prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any Federal, state or local government to or throughout which the shipment may be carried
Q: What if the shipper runs away with my package?
No worries :) Every shipper is vetted individually by our team before joining our network. Even then, we have planned for the worst. Boxpostale's insurance covers you up to $1000 for each address that you receive. So if an evil shipper were indeed to run away with your package, or her house burnt down, you're covered.